Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reflection.

 What we see in the mirror is only the outside of ourselves.
  
James 1:22-24
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.

Looking past the guilt and shame that the world puts on us, we can see the true beauty in others.



 Wearing sunglasses at night just to avoid eye contact with strangers as we walk on by.
I don't want to be known by what I wear or how I "preform" in public, I want to go down in history for being unique, unafraid to be what I want! 
 Modesty in an immodest world will make me someday, I am saving and protecting something to give to my husband one day and I will fight everyday to make sure he gets all of me.
Respectfully ignoring the stares I know I am getting.

 I once was laughed at on a missions trip for my youth group for being behind my camera too much, really? I lose myself for something I love, and maybe taking pictures of you eating makes me happy, so what! 


Widen your gaze, look for the mystery inside the world! 
 Take a glance through my looking-glass. 
Don't look in the mirror only to forget what you look like, look like a Jesus freak. 


Enjoy the little things.... I am.



       Dearest,
              -Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment